Thursday, April 09, 2009

Drew is a Big Boy!

Wow, our little boy is growing up so fast. Since November, We have been taking the introduction to the Potty slow. The past few months he has started to understand the concept, but the past two weeks it seems he has figured it out. In the evenings he uses the potty and just this week he started to use the potty at daycare! Yeah! A huge milestone. Below is a clip of Drew telling me all about it.

Drew has also been dressing and undressing himself. Each morning as we get ready for the day, I wake him up and grab his cloths and we go get ready. While I finish getting ready for work he is able to undress himself, go potty, flush (he loves waving buy to his "bubbles"), and then he starts getting dressed. I help him a bit with making sure his shirt isn't on backwards. He is getting so big! He likes to do everything Rich and I do, but he likes to do it all by himself! Then we say goodbye to daddy, and this is after Drew turns to me and puts his finger to his lips and says "Shhhh, daddy's sleeping. Be quite, okay MOMMY!" (Yes, he normally always ends his sentences to me with "okay Mommy!") Kisses to daddy and downstairs we go. We have a piece of toast with peanut butter, our vitamins, and a glass of milk. Then we are off. He talks ALL the way to Mrs. Debbie's, but as soon as we step in the door he stops talking?! Mrs. Debbie says he talks more and more with the kids, so that is good. A while back I said, in front of Drew, that he is "shy". Well, he must understand what that means, because the other day we were out and about and saw someone we knew. I told him to say good-bye and he said "I not say good-bye" and I said "why not?" and he said "I shy"! Oh, he is growing up too fast!

1 comment:

Ange Smith said...

I LOVE this video! He is such a big boy. We can't wait to see you guys again!